SUNIX IPC-B2108SI, industrial standard PCI/104 serial communication card, allows users to expand eight RS-422/485 ports on PC-based system. . It is compatible with PCI/104 BUS specifications, allowing it to be installed in virtually any embedded PC-based systems. Each serial port achieves data rates up to 921.6 Kbps and utilizes 16C950 UART with an on-chip 128-bytes hardware FIFO buffer for reliable, high-speed serial I/O. With SUNIX patented Auto-Switching RS-422/485 and RS-485 AHDC™ technology, user can easily manage different serial interfaces selection and RS-485 signal direction control. Under RS-485 mode, the board can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km.
SUNIX IPC-B2108SI uses on-board 2500V optical isolators which achieve on power and serial signal lines to protect your PC and equipment against damages from ground loops, increasing system reliability in harsh environments. To further increase reliability, this board offers 500W surge protection technology, protecting your system from abrupt high voltage surges, such as those caused by lightning. SUNIX serial board supports a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, DOS, and UNIX. It is the best serial communicating solution for industrial and harsh environment applications.
|Controller||SUNIX SUN1989 (16C950 UART Compatible)|
|BUS||PCI / 104|
|No. of Port||8-port|
|IRQ & IO||Assigned by System|
|Signal||RS-422: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND
4-wire RS-485: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND
2-wire RS-485: Data+, Data-, GND
|Baud rate||50bps ~921.6Kbps|
|Stop bit||1, 1.5, 2|
|Parity||even, odd, none, mark, space|
|Flow Control||Xon/Xoff (software)|
|Surge Protection||Circuit Damage Protection of 500W Peak Per IEC 61000-4-5
|Isolation||2.5 KV Isolation Protection for all signal and power|
|PCB Connector||5 x 2 Pin Header|
|Cable Connector||5 x 2 Pin Header to DB9 Male|
|Microsoft Client||XP/Vista/7 (X86/X64)|
|Microsoft Server||2000/2003/2008 (X86/X64)|
|Microsoft Embedded||XP Embedded / POS Ready 2009/ Embedded System 2009/ Embedded Standard 7|
|Hardware||EN55022 Class B, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3,
FCC Part 15 Class B, BSMI: CNS13438, C-Tick: CISPR22 AS/NZS, RoHS
|Software||Microsoft WHQL Windows
Microsoft Client: XP/Vista/7 (X86/X64)
Microsoft Server: 2000/2003/2008 (X86/X64)
|Operation Temperature||0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)|
|Operation Humidity||5 to 95% RH|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 85°C (-4 to 185°F)|
|PCB Dimension||96 x 90 mm|
- Expands 8 independent RS-422/485 serial ports with communication speeds up to 921.6Kbps.
- High reliability SUN1999 16C950 compatible UART controller on-board.
- Compliance with PCI/104 specifications.
- Ideal for embedded computing applications.
- RS-422/485 auto detect and switching technology – jumper and software free.
- AHDC/CS™ technology for collision free communication.
- 2.5 KV Isolation Protection for all signal and power.
- Circuit Damage Protection of 500W Peak Per IEC 61000-4-5.
- Ultra low power consumption design for Green Environment.
- Built-in 15KV ESD protection for all serial signals meets IEC1000-4-2 standard.
- Plug-n-Play, I/O address and IRQ assigned by BIOS.
- Certified by CE, FCC, RoHS, and Microsoft WHQL approval.
- Support Microsoft Windows, Linux, and DOS.