USB allows peripheral devices to exchange data with a PC and also to receive power over the USB bus. Unfortunately, the bus supplied power is limit to 2.5 Watts (0.5A @ +5V) per port, sufficient to provide enough power to input devices, web cameras among other low power devices. Other devices like printer, displays, pin pads, external CD-ROM and hard drives still require an external power supply. Here comes Powered USB, it eliminates the need for additional power supplies. Powered USB provides the necessary power as well as the communication signals over a hot pluggable cable. In addition, the Powered USB solves the physical host side cable locking problem associated with the standard USB connector by providing a host cable locking mechanism.
The Powered USB PCI Add-On card provides a convenient and affordable way to add up tofour Powered USB 2.0 ports to a PC. Devices which require more power than provided by the regular USB interface can be easily installed and used with no need for an additional power supply. SUNIX PUB1210P Powered USB PCI Add-On card, carrying the latest power switching technology provides +5, +12 and +24 VDC, through the PC power supply directly to its 4 Powered USB ports. Powered USB PCI Add-On card is backward compatible to regular USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices.
POS systems become more and more stylish now days, with limited space for the terminal and all peripherals inside. Safe your valuable space and get rid of the peripherals’ power supplies using the Powered USB PCI Add-On card. This Add-On card is the ideal solution for today’s point of service systems, especially allowing the board to be installed in any slim size PC-based system with low profile bracket structure.
|Product Description||1-port 24V & 2-port 12V & 1-port 5V Powered USB PCI Add-On Card|
|Interface||Universal Serial Bus 2.0|
|Bus||PCI 33MHz Ver2.1/2.2|
|External Powered USB Port||+24VDC / 1-port / Maximum 3A
+12VDC / 2-port / Maximum 3A
+5VDC / 1-port / Maximum 3A
|External Standard USB2.0 Port||+5VDC / 4-port / Maximum 0.5A per port|
|IRQ & IO||Assigned by System|
|Speed||Data Transfer rate of 1.5, 12, and 480Mbps|
|Protection||3A PTC fuse for each Powered USB port|
|Microsoft Windows||95/98/ME/2000/XP/0Vista/7 (X86/X64)|
|Microsoft Embedded||POS Ready/XP Embedded|
|Microsoft Server||2003/2008 (X86/X64)|
|Linux||Linux 2.4.x / 2.6.x|
|Hardware||EN55022 Class B, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3,
FCC Part 15 Class B, RoHS
|Operation Temperature||0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)|
|Operation Humidity||5 to 95% RH|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 85°C (-4 to 185°F)|
|PCB Dimension||130 x 100 mm|
|Bracket||Standard 120 mm|
- Compliance with PCI 33MHz Version 2.2 & 2.1 specification.
- Compliant with the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Specification Revision 2.0
- High performance NEC USB2.0 PCI host controller on board.
- Support 4 external Powered USB ports.
- Powered USB port supports +24, +12 and +5VDC power output with maximum current up to 3A / per port.
- Each Powered USB ports built-in over current protection.
- Plug-n-Play, I/O address and IRQ assigned by operating system.
- Supports USB device Hot-Swapping and Plug-n-Play function.
- Low profile bracket design idea for slim or portable PC.
- Certified by RoHS CE, FCC ClassB approval.
- Support Linux, Microsoft 9x, 2000, XP, 2003 Vista, 2008, and 7 (X86/X64) operation system.